If you would like to create your own printed business cards, you can do it yourself with perforated business card papers, computer software, and a printer. Start with a blank template or a pre-made design in Microsoft Word or download templates from other websites such as Avery.com. You can also find hundreds of unique, professionally designed templates for purchase (and a couple for free) on LayoutReady.com. The business card templates are available in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher file formats and are set up 10 per page. In this post, you’ll find links to free templates and resources, business card design examples, and where to purchase business card paper. With these tools, you’ll be able to easily create great looking business cards.
Free Business Card Templates: How To Download and Customize LayoutReady Templates in Microsoft Word for Printing on Avery Papers
Create an account on LayoutReady.com to download the free business card templates for Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
- Click on one of the links below to download a free business card template.
- After you create an account, select the file format: Word / U.S. Size, then click the download button.
- Extract the compressed folder. Right-click on the downloaded file and select Extract All.
- The folder includes three layout files: letterhead, business card, and envelope. The second layout file is the business card file.
- Open the file in Microsoft Word and customize it to your needs. Change the text, fonts, colors, or the logo artwork.
- Once you are finished designing your business cards, save the file and print it on your business card paper.
Find more detailed instructions about advanced editing techniques, see the Guide to Editing Templates in Microsoft Word on LayoutReady.com
Business Card Design Examples
LayoutReady offers a large selection of printable business card templates in a wide variety of styles and themes, which can be downloaded from their website in Microsoft Word or Publisher file formats. Here is a small selection of their design templates that work with business card papers.
Browse Business Card Templates by Industry Category
Choose from the links below to find the perfect business card template for your Avery print project at LayoutReady.com.
- Professional Services Business Card Templates for Word
- Financial Services Business Card Templates for Word
- Real Estate Business Card Templates for Word
- Technology Business Card Templates for Word
- Medical & Healthcare Business Card Templates for Word
- Education & Schools Business Card Templates for Word
- Sports & Fitness Business Card Templates for Word
- Home Maintenance Business Card Templates for Word
- All Word Business Card Templates
Where To Find More Business Card Templates
Check these websites for more templates designed to work with business card papers.
- Avery: Avery offers the ability to create your own business cards using their online design tool. They will also print them for you.
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft offers a variety of pre-made templates within their software applications. Simply choose a business card template when creating a new document.
- StockLayouts: StockLayouts offers design templates in a variety of file formats including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Apple Pages, QuarkXPress and CorelDraw. Only the business card templates for Microsoft Word, Publisher and Apple Pages are set up 10 per page, ready to use with Avery papers.
Business Card Paper Products by Avery
The most commonly used papers are Avery® 8371® business cards (Inkjet paper) and Avery® 5371® business cards (Laser paper). They are made of heavyweight 80lb. cover stock with a matte finish. They are micro-perforated for easy separation after printing. You can purchase papers online at Avery.com or Amazon.com, and at many retail stores such as Office Depot.
Templates and Papers for Other Print Projects
Avery offers a variety of templates and paper products that you can use to create other print projects. Here are some of the different products: